MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Switch Operations Engineer (Supervisory)
- To implement network integration and resolve faults on the core network
- Ensure value is created by resolving BTS Network fault promptly for network efficiency and escalate unresolved faults to HLS.
- Track, monitor, and resolve faults using approved switch processes and procedures and the Ericsson Exchange Library.
- Implement change requests/planned work, using switch procedures.
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports.
- Update switch records such as billing backup, weekly dumps and test load.
- Act as interface to Customer Service and assist in resolving customers’ problems.
- Ensure value is created through effective stakeholder management
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Perform routine maintenance on all network nodes within the region
- Perform operation and maintenance of MTNN Wire Line Network
- Implement integration of new BTS/TX sites and conduct acceptance tests
- Implement integration of new network elements
- Re-group sites using up to date switch procedures and Ericsson Exchange Library
- Perform network quality and performance investigations
- Provide support to Regional Switch Engineers
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license.
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Hands-on experience core network operations and maintenance in GSM environment.
- GSM Node Hardware Dimensioning
- AXE Hardware Maintenance AXE 810
- GSM MSC/VLR Operations
- GSM BSC Operations
- GSM AXE Operation
- GSM Core Network Maintenance
- GSM System Survey
- GPRS BSS Operation
- Ericsson WCDMA System Overview
- WCDMA System Core Network Maintenance
- WCDMA RAN Field Maintenance
- WCDMA MSC Server & MGW
- WCDMA Mobile MGW Operation & Configuration.
- Technical report writing
- HND, B.Tech, B.Sc or B.Eng.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page