MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Service Operations
Employment status: permanent
Department: IS Service Delivery
- To interface with MTN business customers, plan for and proactively implement processes that enable IT/IS deliver sustained levels of service and ensure rapid restoration of service in the event of major incidents or disasters.
- To manage, and oversee the operations of IT command center.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Information Systems Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Manage and control the budget (CAPEX/OPEX) of the unit/department
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Back to Glory and Ignite project
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Drive and ensure Customer Satisfaction Surveys are executed and drive initiatives toward improved service delivery and IS customer service experience.
- Foster closer working relationship within IT/IS and between IT/IS and its customers
- Organize and maintains regular communication channels between IT/IS and its customers
- Engage customers to discuss system requirements, specifications, challenges and agree on resolution plan/timelines within acceptable cost
- Define, Maintain and Manage Service Level Agreements with various Business Functions ensuring that business requirements are defined, agreed, implemented and monitored according to the specified timelines/targets
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Contribute to the development of IT/IS Services strategies and develop detailed plans in support of related strategies, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans.
- Assess resource requirements and assist in preparing the budget for IS Infrastructure operations and services, as well as prepare information systems technical business cases.
- Contribute to the development of IT/IS Services methodology and put in place a reliable support system with clear processes and procedures and tools for measuring IT/IS performance and reliability.
- Provide technical information, customer assistance, and solutions to technical problems across the enterprise
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for IT/IS and enterprise systems development and operations
- Oversee the preparation of overall report on performance of IS Service department from input gathered from other functional areas of the department.
- Track and monitor IT/IS metrics and analyze related statistics to support decision making in relation to discovering improvement opportunities.
- Ensure preparation and presentation of reliable trend analyses to help determine focus areas and develop proactive approaches to faults management.
- Initiate service improvement programs and liaise with the Change Management team over proposed changes.
- Manage, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of IT/IS support organizations in the design, development & implementation of IT/IS services.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against OLA/SLA/KPI?s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement
- Undertake projects designed to introduce new services or improve levels of service and carry out independent post implementation surveys to ascertain that newly introduced services meet customers’ utility and warranty requirements.
- Research new technologies, approaches and best practices on IT, IT/IS service design, delivery and implementation
- Evaluate new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to aid the end user.
- Eliminate / minimize downtime / disruptions to service delivery due to IT problems / issues
- Formulate and maintains Customer relationship strategies to satisfy MTN Nigeria customers
- Develop IT/IS action plan to address identified issues with customer satisfaction
- Manage Major Incidents and Problems across all IS Enterprise Systems
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
- Monitor & manage the entire incident lifecycle as it progresses through IT/IS and /or related interfaces within the organization
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Recruit, coach, train and supervise the IT personnel / team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs/ development to meet the professional standard.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Requirements, Experience & Training
- 6-13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Min 3 years IT Service Support and Delivery Experience
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- B.Sc, B.Tech, B.Eng or HND.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page