MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Analyst – Data Governance (Supervisory)
Employment status: permanent
Department: IS Solution Delivery
- Carry out research to determine the structure (architecture) of proposed systems and provide insight into new and enhanced technologies to increase efficiency and reduce costs for MTNN.
- Support the ongoing enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Support the development of Data Management practices, process and role guides based on the framework principles to drive the Data Governance Framework within business and technology divisions e.g. Data Stewardship, and Custodianship roles.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Participate in the development & maintenance of inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Assist in the definition of indicators for performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Participate in IS product and solution design reviews ensuring the application design and related work products satisfy reporting requirements and enterprise data needs.
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis.
- Engage with other functional units and actively participate in IS projects relating to systems upgrade, integration or deployment
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Assist in validating the design with the stakeholders to ensure that the design satisfies the requirements.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- 3-7years’ experience in data governance; with experience with working with others
- Experience working within data-related area of specialisation
- Knowledge and experience of working with SQL queries and scripting on a Database
- Data modelling & reporting
- Architecture Modelling
- Data Modelling
- Emerging Enterprise Architectures
- Data Analytics
- GSM technology.
- B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page